SJ-CEMAC (Synergie des Jeunes de la Communauté Economique et Monétaire de l’Afrique Centrale – Youth Organization of the Central African Economic and Monetary Community) is the largest international youth organization of the Central African Economic and Monetary Community. She is based in Yaoundé (Cameroon), mobilized in the member countries of the CEMAC and trains the SJ-CEMAC thousands of young people (girls and boys), which will later play an important role of leaders in their communities.
The member countries of CEMAC are:
- The Republic of Cameroon
- The Central African Republic
- The Republic of Congo
- The Republic of Gabon
- The Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- The Republic of Chad
The Central African Economic and Monetary Community (CEMAC) is somehow similar to the European Union.
Objectives of the SJ-CEMAC
Legal support for effective sub-regional integration.
- Promote the dissemination of the “Hymn of the CEMAC”.
- Promoting the mixing of cultures between the youth of the CEMAC.
- Contribute to the development of effective strategies to combat poverty through the promotion of better visibility of the benefits of integration and the dynamics of the youth in the member countries of CEMAC.
- Helps the young people in CEMAC in the promotion of community life, creating a climate of social peace and cultural development.
- Helps in the fight against youth unemployment, pandemics crises and disasters of all kind.
The SJ-CEMAC for the youth of all ages in CEMAC, developed an innovative program to enable them to be responsible and autonomous in a position to occupy a useful role in the society. This program also promotes respect for others in order to defend the concept of the “socialization of integration”. She works with global partners all together where necessary, by offering help and support for disadvantaged young people in need. As a social and humanitarian network, it works with partners who share the same goal and task.